Reporting procedure steps
If you are encountering issues with BigTemplate and wish to help us diagnose them faster, please follow the steps below before submitting a report to our Support.
If you're not a technical user, nor do you have Jira administrator's permissions, reach out to someone who has the permissions and ask them to:
- Go to "Manage apps" in Jira Administration.
- Proceed to the BigTemplate configuration page and click on the "Technical info" tab.
- Set the "Detailed logging" field to "Fine-grained".
- Reproduce the issue. If you manage to reproduce the issue that you have encountered previously, return to the troubleshooting section again.
- Return to the page and click on the “Download” button.
The downloaded file will be useful for the Support Team once you decide to contact our Support Team for further assistance.
- Set the "Detailed logging" field to "Warnings only".
You can also refer to the video presented below.
This section does not apply to Jira Cloud users due to the nature of Jira Cloud hosting.
More information on the differences between cloud and server versions of the App can be found here.
This section allows you to perform basic troubleshooting actions or (whenever required) extract information that you can later send to the Support Team.
If you have encountered any issues with the App and the problem persists after updating to the latest version, please contact our Support Team via our ServiceDesk, providing as many details describing the error as possible.
Please remember that the more details we have on the issue, the higher the chance that we will be able to help you resolve it in the first reply. We are always more than happy to receive screenshots showing the problem, preferably with highlighted areas where the problem occurs.
Along with the above, we need you to send us information on the version of Jira you are currently using, the version of our application (if you are not using the latest release) as well as the fine-grained logs.