Download page Trello - BigPicture power-up.
Trello - BigPicture power-up
About BigPicture Trello
Enhance the project management experience using BigPicture, a PPM Power-Up tool. This top-selling Jira plugin is now available for Trello. Plan your tasks using marvelous and colorful Gantt charts, automate your work, or keep track of all the changes using different modes. Create dependencies or structure your tasks using drag&drop.
With BigPicture, you can:
- Schedule your tasks using drag&drop
- Automate your work or work in manual mode
- Create advanced Work Breakdown Structure
- Link your tasks using dependency links
- Customize the view
- Add more tasks using Artificial tasks
- Sort and group your cards
How does it work?
BigPicture displays Trello Cards in the form of Tasks which can be easily allocated on the Gantt chart accompanied by the WBS (Work Breakdown Structure) panel. Since Cards are allocated to Boards, we could take an approach in which a Board represents a certain project. This Power-Up can display a number of Cards from multiple Boards (projects) in the form of Tasks on the Gantt chart.
Who is this for?
Boost up your Teams' productivity and grow! Whether your team is small or large, take advantage of all Trello's features and combine them with professional tools.
Good to know before you start
- A card in Trello is not like a task in BigPicture.
- Trello cards have only a Due date field that indicates when a card is "due" (this can be considered a card's planned end date). Trello doesn't store information about a start date of a card. BigPicture requires both – a start date and an end date – in order to visualize it on the Gantt chart. Whilst pulling a card into the Gantt, BigPicture gets its Due date and maps it to BigPicture's End Date field. If such a card doesn't have any Due date, BigPicture sets it accordingly to the next day. That is because it is unable to determine what the length of a card on a timeline should be. As BigPicture also needs to pick a date to map it to the Start Date field, a card's creation date becomes the task's Start Date. This way a Trello card can be displayed on a Gantt's grid. However, here comes the tricky part.
- If a user sets a Due date to the past and a card's date of creation is later than a Due date then such a card becomes a task with the duration of one day after being pulled into the Gantt. Why is that? BigPicture seeks for the aforementioned dates and faces a situation when Start Date is later than End Date what, in terms of displaying tasks in the Gantt, is clearly wrong. To overcome this, the Power-Up makes a correction of dates and changes a task's End Date to Start Date just to meet a basic logic condition – Start Date cannot be later than End Date. As a consequence of the End Date's change, a Trello card's Due Date also changes.
For some Trello users, such a change may have a huge impact on what they have worked on prior to.
We currently support web-based Trello Power-Up only.
Following platforms are not supported:
- Trello Mobile App
- Trello App from Microsoft Store
- Trello Desktop App
Using private Trello boards
BigPicture Trello power-up can be used only on Trello Boards that belong to a team.
Boards that are not part of a team cannot be used to open BigPicture Trello and will result in the following information:
This fact is caused by a database tenant concept introduced by Trello, which is an IT architecture fundamental affecting BigPicture Trello power-up.
How to fix this issue
To enable the BigPicture power-up, move the Board to a team by following these steps:
- Create a new Private team
- Move the Board to a team created in step 1
Alternatively, you can move the Board to an existing Team and enjoy BigPicture.
The goal is to assign the Board to a specific Trello Team which will unlock the BigPicture power-up.
BigPicture power-up doesn't support weekend task planning. All cards with a weekend due to date will be moved to a weekday.
Support of non-standard Trello pricing plans
Users utilizing Trello paid options listed below will experience the Gantt chart not working.
Due to extended Trello Business functionalities, BigPicture is not compatible with this paid option yet.
Due to extended Trello Enterprise functionalities, BigPicture is not compatible with this paid option yet.