The latest version of the App changes the way in which Programs (presently referred to as Boxes of different types) are created, and the Program Wizard was removed from the App. The Import and Cloning features were moved to the Scope and Gantt module. Also, Creating a Box with sample data is no longer possible. To clone or Import data go click "+" button when in Gantt or Scope modules.
Time periods of Boxes follows scheduling rules.
Boxes can be organised into a hierarchical structure.
Keep in mind:
- A “Box type” contains the default settings and rules applicable to multiple Boxes (all Boxes of a given type). Box type settings are adjusted in Box type administration.
- Box configuration refers to the settings of a single, individual Box. They are dependent on the “Box type” settings.
Security and configuration
Operations available to a user depend on their security roles.
- Box Admin can:
- administer the Box (access the Box configuration section)
- create Sub-Boxes (child Boxes)
- edit the Box (for example change the Box status and the Box content)
- delete the Box
- change the Box status (not started, in progress, closed)
- duplicate Box configuration and use it to create a new Box
Sub-Box creator can create sub-Boxes (if you are a sub-Box creator in "Portfolio" you can create a Box nested in it)Click here to expand...
In the example below, a user is a sub-Box creator in the "Portfolio" Box. This role is not enough to give them access to the Portfolio Box itself, this is why it is greyed out, but they can create a sub-Box within Portfolio. The user is also an Admin in ALFA and OMEGA, which is why they have access to those Boxes. They can't see any other Boxes nested in Portfolio if they don't have an appropriate security role assigned within them - there could be 20 Boxes nested under Portfolio and they won't see them, unless they have been assigned a role in each of them (or a role at an upper-level Box, since security roles are inherited. If you are an Admin of a Box you are an Admin in all its sub-Boxes. All roles are inherited, except the sub-Box creator).
- Box Editor can:
- edit the Box (name and start and end date)
- add, edit and delete objectives
- add, edit and delete task and dependencies
- customize task and risk cards (by selecting from the available Column and Card View created by the Box Admin)
- change the task structure etc.
- duplicate Box configuration and use it to create a new Box based on it
To configure a Box type information and parent types, go to App's administration > Box types > edit (click on a Box type name) > Basics.
To configure Box type scheduling rules (period mode and sequentiality) go to App's administration > edit (click on a Box type name) > Advanced.