Once you install BigTemplate, you can discover a list of pre-defined templates available in Jira Administration > Manage apps > BigTemplate configuration > Templates.
Depending on where you will use your templates, there are two different labels:
- GANTT - used for exporting data from the Gantt module in BigPicture.
- WIDGET - used for exporting data directly from Jira issues. All templates created with the "Widget" label are visible on the Jira issue page.
There are three locations where you can access and configure your templates.
- Jira Administration > Manage apps > BigTemplate configuration > Templates. You need to have Jira Administrator permissions to access this page.
- For cloud instances - the "Project settings" section of your Jira project > BigTemplate > Templates. Jira Administrators are granted access here.
- BigPicture/BigGantt > Box configuration > General > Exporting. Jira Administrators and Box Administrators can access and manage Gantt templates.
You can perform the following actions on your Gantt and Widget templates:
- add new templates,
- add existing templates (only for templates used in BigPicture/BigGantt)
- edit existing templates,
- delete templates,
- restore pre-installed templates.
Add new templates
It is possible to add new templates from a few locations, as presented before.
Supported file formats for Widget templates are: *.csv, *.docx, *.doc, *.xlsx, *.xls, *.odt.
Supported file formats for Gantt templates are: *.csv, *.xlsx, *.xls, *.odt.
Click on the "Upload template" button in the top right corner and complete the following fields:
- Module visibility - define if your template will be used to export data from the Gantt module in BigPicture (Gantt) or to export data from Jira issues (Widget),
- Template name - complete a name for your template,
- Description - provide additional information about your template,
- File to upload - attach your file,
- Set as global template - tick this option if you want your template to be visible globally.
When you decide to add a new template from Jira Administration > Manage apps > BigTemplate configuration > Templates, you can tick the "Set as global template" option to make your template visible globally. As a result, a Gantt template will be added to the Box configuration in BigPicture / BigGantt while a Widget template will be visible on the Jira issue page. Gantt templates that are not marked as "Global" can be added at any time using the "Add existing template" option.
When ready, confirm by clicking "Upload".
Add existing templates
The "Add existing template" option allows you to:
- add templates that are available in the "BigTemplate configuration" section (in the App Configuration) but are not assigned to a specific Box yet,
- add templates that you previously excluded from the list of templates for a particular Box, and you want them back here.
Edit existing templates
You can make changes to existing Gantt and Widget templates in Jira Administration > Manage apps > BigTemplate configuration > Templates.
Click on the "Edit" button and modify the template. When ready, click "Save".
To remove a particular template, click on the "Delete" icon. Then, you will be asked for confirmation. After clicking "Delete", your template will be deleted permanently.
You can also exclude a Gantt template from the Box configuration but remember that it will be removed only from the list of templates for this particular Box.
Restore pre-installed templates
To restore pre-installed templates, expand the menu and click on the following button.
Once you confirm, all pre-installed templates will be restored. This action will not delete any of your existing templates.